Smart glasses and smartwatches are wearable devices that have gained popularity in the industrial control system. These devices are equipped with advanced features that allow users to access real-time data and communicate with others without using their hands.
Smart glasses and smartwatches work by connecting to the industrial control system through a wireless network. The devices are equipped with sensors, cameras, and voice recognition software that allow users to control and monitor the system. Any person wearing a smart glass can share his camera view to the other remote person via a browser or desktop, which enables collaboration and remote assistance. Users can also see the control HMI dashboard if they move their retina to a specific angle, which provides easy access to the remote system’s UI. These devices are also available rated for ATEX, class 1 Div 2, which ensures that they are safe to use in hazardous environments.
Smart glasses and smartwatches provide an efficient and effective way to manage industrial operations hands-free. These devices allow users to access real-time data, control the system using voice commands, and collaborate with others remotely in what is also termed as telepresence. Whether it’s asset management, barcode reading, quality control, or remote assistance, smart glasses and smartwatches can provide a powerful tool for industrial control systems collaboration.
Smart glasses and smartwatches are wearable devices that provide real-time data and hands-free control in the industrial control system. These devices work by connecting to the system’s network and using sensors, cameras, and voice recognition software to communicate with the system.
To start using smart glasses, the user needs to put on the device and activate it. Once activated, the smart glasses will connect to the network and allow the user to see real-time data and control the system using voice commands or hand gestures. Any person wearing a smart glass can share their camera view with another person wearing smart glasses, which enables collaboration and remote assistance. If the user moves their retina to a specific angle, they can also see the control HMI dashboard, providing easy access to the system’s interface.
Smartwatches can be named as Martin or Paul, and they work by connecting to the network and displaying real-time data and notifications. Users can control the system using voice commands, which allows for hands-free operation. Both smart glasses and smartwatches are designed to be used in hazardous environments. This rating ensures that the devices are safe to use in potentially explosive environments.
Smart glasses and smartwatches provide an efficient and effective way to manage industrial operations. They allow for real-time data access and hands-free control, enabling safer and more efficient operations. Collaboration and remote assistance are also made possible through the sharing of camera views between users wearing smart glasses. The devices’ class 1 Div 2 rating ensures that they are safe to use in hazardous environments.
- Display: Typically a transparent or opaque display with a resolution ranging from 480×640 pixels to 1080p or higher. enabling safer and more efficient operations. Collaboration and remote assistance are also made possible through the sharing of camera views between users wearing smart glasses. The devices’ class 1 Div 2 rating ensures that they are safe to use in hazardous environments.
- Camera: Usually a front-facing camera with a resolution ranging from 5MP to 16MP.
- Microphone and speaker: Integrated microphone and speaker with noise-cancellation and voice recognition capabilities.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, and GPS.
- Battery: Battery capacity ranges from 150mAh to 1000mAh, with runtime ranging from 2 hours to 8 hours or more depending on usage.
- Operating system: Some smart glasses use proprietary operating systems, while others run on Android or other popular operating systems.
- Safety: Some smart glasses are certified as Class 1 Division 2 (C1D2) intrinsically safe, which means they are designed to be used in hazardous locations where flammable gases or vapours may be present.
- Display: An LCD or OLED display with a resolution ranging from 240×240 pixels to 454×454 pixels or higher.
- Processor: Ranges from entry-level dual-core processors to high-end quad-core or octa-core processors.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate monitor, GPS, ambient light sensor, and barometer.
- Battery: Battery capacity ranges from 150mAh to 500mAh or more, with runtime ranging from 1 day to 7 days or more depending on usage.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and in some cases cellular connectivity (e.g. 4G or LTE).
- Safety: Smartwatches have as option Class 1 Division 2 (C1D2) inherent safety certification, making them suitable for usage in potentially dangerous environments with flammable vapours or gases.
- Operating system: Most smartwatches run on either Wear OS, Apple WatchOS, or Samsung Tizen OS
Smart glasses and smartwatches offer several key benefits for use in the industrial control system:
Our smart glasses are designed for use in hazardous environments and are certified as Class 1 Div 2 devices. They offer a range of features, including:
- Camera Sharing: Any person wearing a smart glass can share their camera view with another person’s browser or desktop. This feature can be particularly useful for remote collaboration and troubleshooting.
- HMI Dashboard: By moving their retina to a specific angle, users can access and view the control HMI dashboard. This feature allows users to monitor and control industrial systems without being in front of the physical systems.
- Voice Commands: Our smart glasses also allow users to control the system through voice commands. This feature can be particularly useful when hands-free operation is necessary.
- Sensors: Smart glasses are equipped with various sensors, including accelerometers, gyroscopes, and GPS. These sensors enable the glasses to track the user’s movements and location, which can be used to provide contextual information.
Our smart watches are also optionally designed for use in hazardous environments and are certified as Class 1 Div 2 devices. They offer a range of features, including:
- Naming: Each smart watch can be named individually, making it easier for users to identify their devices and share information.
- Voice Commands: Users can control the system through voice commands via their smart watches. This feature allows users to access important information and control systems more quickly and efficiently.
- Alerts and Notifications: Our smart watches also offer alerts and notifications, allowing users to stay immediately informed about important updates and events in real-time.
- Battery: Smartwatches are powered by a rechargeable battery, which can provide larger usage time
- Connectivity: Smartwatches can connect to a smartphone or other devices via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. This enables users to receive notifications, make calls, and control other devices using the watch. Some smartwatches also come with cellular connectivity, which allows them to function independently of a smartphone.
Smart glasses and smartwatches offer several key benefits for use in the industrial control system, including real-time data access, hands-free operation, collaboration and remote assistance, easy access to the control HMI dashboard, customizable device names, safety in hazardous environments, and efficient asset management, bar-code reading and quality control.
Parijat Controlware Support And Training
Parijat Controlware provides comprehensive support and training options for its smart glasses and smart watch solutions used in industrial control systems. Our team of experts is available around the clock to provide technical support, troubleshooting, and maintenance services to ensure that our clients’ operations are running smoothly.
Additionally, we offer customized training programs to help our clients understand how to use our smart wearables effectively in their specific industrial control environments. Our training programs cover everything from basic operations to advanced features and troubleshooting, and we work closely with our clients to ensure that their workers are fully trained and equipped to use our smart wearables to their full potential.
At Parijat Controlware, we are committed to providing our clients with exceptional support and training options, ensuring that they can leverage the full potential of our smart wearables to improve productivity and safety in their industrial control systems.
Parijat Controlware is at the forefront of providing innovative solutions for integrating smartwatches and smart glasses into industrial control systems. Our cutting-edge wearables have revolutionized the way workers perform their tasks, allowing them to access critical information and communicate seamlessly, leading to increased productivity and safety. Our smart wearables are designed to withstand the rigors of industrial environments, ensuring durability and reliability for our clients.
At Parijat Controlware, we are committed to providing our clients with exceptional after-sales support. Our team of highly skilled technicians and customer service representatives is available around the clock to address any issues or concerns that our clients may have. We believe that our relationship with our clients extends beyond the purchase of our products, and we strive to maintain long-term partnerships with them.
We understand the importance of efficiency, safety, and reliability in industrial control systems, and our smart wearables deliver on all fronts.