PROTOCON MODBUS Concentrator/Network Administrator
Protocon Universal Communications Gateway
Protocon is designed specifically to function as a high speed universal communication gateway interfacing various and dissimilar field devices with different communications protocols and electrical interfaces. The Virtual Database mechanism allows large amounts of field data from a multitude of sources to be handled from multiple host machines with relative simplicity. When used in this manner this product operates as a sophisticated, high performance network controller interfacing Distributed Control Systems, SCADA Systems, HMIs/MMIs, multiple local and remote RTU / PLCs, Flow Computers, Analyzers, Metering Devices, Smart Valves, Tank Gauging Devices, Personal Computers, Push Button Panels, and other field network devices such as DDC valve control systems.
- Operates as a data concentrator, protocol converter, and network monitor.
- Internet / Intranet connectivity allows for configuration, network monitoring and system maintenance from remote locations.
- Runs on any standard PC under Win NT/2000 or later
- Supports up to eight different Virtual Databases (VDB).for each slave port.
- Communications channels are definable through Configuration Software. Any mix of Slaves and Master Ports may be configured.
- Supports 40 industrial protocols(Future).
- Configurable redundant channel operation.
- Up to 256 devices can be placed on any channel (providing the communications protocol for that configured channel allows it).
- Polling configuration supports variable scan priorities.
- Device scans are configured to automatically retrieve data at selectable rates.
- Retrieved data can be mapped and copied to multiple Virtual Databases (VDB).
- Tag search is available in configuration software as well as live data displays.
- Autoload feature allows startup automatically with no human intervention.
- Easy to view detailed system configuration, in table and expandable tree views.
- Real time communications/data monitor and diagnostic tool.
- Can support over 1 million 16 Bit data points.